I found this post 10 Alternatives to New Year’s Resolutions by MARELISA and I want to try some of the suggestions like:
- “Follow a Monthly 30-Day Challenge. Come up with a list of twelve 30-day challenges, and complete one for each month of the year. What’s a 30-day challenge? A 30-day challenge consists of setting a small goal that can be achieved in 30 days, along with the specific action that you’ll be taking each day to achieve the goal.”
- “Take a Yearly Challenge.”
- “Create a List of Things to Look Forward To.”
- “Decide on One-Word for the Year.”
- “Reboot an Area of Your Life”
- “Take a Life Audit. One option for the new year is to take a life audit. How are you doing in life? If you were to grade yourself in each of your life areas–relationships, work, finances, health, and so on–how would you do? What areas need improvement? What do you need to do to “raise your grade”?” To read: How to Conduct a Life Audit
- “Take On a 365-Day Project. For a 365-day project, you pick something that you’re going to do every single day of the new year. Like what? Here are some examples:Take a photograph every single day of the year and post it on Instagram.
Write 750 words every day of the year.
Wake up at the same time every day of the year.
Read a short story every day of the year.”